Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Quilting - the difference an exact 1/4" seam makes

I posted a while back how I was taking 1" scraps of fabric and sewing them together to make a quilt out of scraps - scraps that others had/would throw away.  I am making it while working on other projects.  I sew the scraps as "leaders" or "enders" while chain piecing.

I have a quarter inch foot, that I sometimes use, but when I used it to sew some of the strips together, discovered that the manufacturer of this sewing foot doesn't know what a true 1/4" is.  Look at the difference it makes when put next to another rectangle that is supposed to be the same size.  The top rectangle is the correct size, the bottom is almost an inch off!  The seams are just a few threads different,  but it's been a pain to fix this little problem - lots of seam ripping (a task I hate) and resewing.  I had about 30 blocks to fix.  UGH!  Someday I'll feel that my effort was worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment