Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Chandelier Quilt in Pink and Brown


Chandelier quilt in pink and brown I finished in November for a pink quilt challenge in February with my quilt guild. Ruler work and free motion quilting in Glide Pink Lemonade thread on top and Baby Pink MicroQuilter on the back.

Back Story: Last July my quilt guild president, a breast cancer survivor, issued a challenge for everyone to make a pink quilt to be displayed and a winner chosen at the February meeting. It didn’t have to be all pink, just read as pink. No required size. Personally I think a twin is the most useful size for donating, so that’s what I did.


I’ve wanted to do a Chandelier quilt since I first saw them, but also thought there was an easier way than the instructions I always found for them. This seemed like an excellent opportunity to try out my method. If I hated it, I could always donate it. Using squares I had precut from scraps and leftover fabrics for the background, borders and scrappy back, I had the top done in August and it quilted in November.


As the February meeting approached, I found out there was another meeting I had to attend that wouldn’t get over until 7:30, half an hour after the guild meeting started. Fellow quilter, Jeanette, helped me out by taking my quilt to the meeting at the beginning. By the time I had arrived just before 8:00, people had already voted. Within 15 minutes of my arrival they announced the winning quilt. Mine! I think I got about a third of the votes. Wow! I feel very honored. I can’t decide now whether to keep, sell, or donate it to charity. I think I'll keep it since I have so few examples on hand of things I've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment