A few years ago I bought, at my quilt guild’s auction, a ziploc bag with a panel, coordinating fabric and the pattern called Secret Window Panel Wall Hanging by Donna Jordan of Jordan Fabrics for only $10. Made from the Lynnea Washburn Winter White Panel from Robert Kaufman with coordinating fabrics.
I would rather have a quilt that fits a bed, so I did the math and with the addition of a little white fabric for the back, I used up all but a few scraps (see photo above - scraps are above the papers) of what was in the bag and made a small-ish twin quilt. I even pieces the batting, using remnants from other quilts.
Using Cool Gray 3 Glide thread (Glide 60 on the back), which appears a little like metallic silver, I tried out my new (but not yet improved) Leafy Filigree edge to edge (e2e) pattern I just digitizing.
I created a no-sew-zone in the center where I would freehand around the trees, animals, ornaments, etc.
Learning new things all the time, which costs me very little and I have fun doing it.
My original plan was to sell or give this away, but when I finished it, I was in love and am keeping it. It has already made several trips this summer when we had to bring our own bedding for a trip.








No comments:
Post a Comment