I wish I could take credit for all of this, but I just quilted the background and borders. Judie made this variation on the Audubon Christmas Quilt, changing some of the backgrounds or bird to fit the location to the birds and change it from winter to spring.
For the borders I added scallops and some thin lines.

Threads are a light blue MicroQuilter on the back and top in the sky, So Fine tan in the sand, and Pacific Glide 60 on the borders.
As requested, I added extra branches, leaves, flowers, clouds, sand dunes, cacti, birds and my favorite - a squirrel to the background.
It’s absolutely gorgeous and was so much fun to quilt.
Judie plans to enter it into a quilt show in 2027. I, of course, will have to go see it.
My addition, la pièce de résistance that makes me smile every time I see it - the squirrel in the branches, near the bird feeder.












No comments:
Post a Comment