Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Saturday, July 13, 2024

Basting Quilt Back onto Leaders for Using Zippers on my Longarm


I've been asked how I sew my zipper leaders onto my quilt backs. It's super simple, but a picture paints a thousand words, so here it is. I mark the center of the quilt back with a pin on both top and bottom (or both sides if putting it on the frame sideways).


Lining up the center of the leader with the center pin, I begin basting the two together, lining up the edge of the backing fabric with inside edge of the seam allowance. My preference is to use a medium width and largest length zigzag stitch and the cheepest thread I have because I think it comes out easier.


When done with the first side, I turn it around, return to the middle and sew to the other edge. Repeat on the other side. After that, I can zip the leaders onto the zippers I sewed on my longarm, making putting the quilt on and taking it off a breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment