Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Winnie the Pooh Blanket

When my oldest, Monica, was turning two, she loved Winnie the Pooh.  Really she loved him because she had a pacifier clip that was a little Winnie the Pooh, so she called her pacifier (that she was strongly attached to, and not just by the clip), "Pooh."  So for her first birthday we had a nice big Winnie the Pooh party for her where I had made and decorated two Winnie the Pooh cakes, and all the presents were Pooh things.  My present to her was to get her a toddler bed with Winnie the Pooh sheets and blanket.  The only Winnie the Pooh sheets were twin sized, so from one set, I cut them down to make two toddler bed sets and was able to have scraps of the material left to add to the reversible blanket.

The blanket, as you can see, was one of my first to make by myself, and you can see that the corners didn't line up correctly, and I didn't put enough ties on it (not wanting to spoil the overall appearance to the quilt with a lot of ties).  The result was that the batting has pulled apart and is lumpy in places, and empty in others.  However, despite the errors that I made, it was and still is, well loved, though can really no longer be used until those things are fixed.  I was so proud of this quilt!  I had drawn and painted with puff paints pushed and smoothed into the fabric all of the pictures to match the sheets.
Because Pooh was her favorite, this was the front.  The colors on the paint have faded with washing.
Tigger was on the back, with pictures of the other Hundred Acre Woods Friends


 




No comments:

Post a Comment