Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Friday, March 12, 2021

Keith's 8-year old Quilt - Americana, Star


For each of my children, I have made a baby blanket/quilt and a matching queen/king size that I give to them when they turn 8 and are old enough not to drag it around the house like they do their baby one. I'm doing the same thing for my grandchildren. 


Lighting's not good here, but you can see the full quilt.


The quilting is custom with lots of stitch in the ditch and geometric lines. Simple, but I didn't want the quilting to take away from the piecing, just accentuate it.


The borders are quilted as an extension to the central part of the quilt, rather than something different.


The best way to store a quilt is wrapped in an sheet that will allow air circulation, yet keep the dust off. I heard someone say they used old pillowcases.  I thought that was brilliant, but in this case I made a new pillowcase that matched. That way, you know what quilt is in that pillowcase.


Many people have asked for the pattern I used. Well, I made it up, but I was inspired by this quilt I saw in an AQS catalog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment