Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Sunday, December 1, 2013

Gingerbread Houses 2013

OK. I know this is not sewing, but I had to show you how creative my family is.  Last year we had so much fun making graham cracker "gingerbread" houses at my sister-in-law's house, that we had to do it again this year.  I'm amazed at what they can do with the candy we happened to have lying around. (I know, the amount of candy that we happened to have lying around is obscene, but Halloween was a month ago . . .)

This is my husband's.  He spent the whole time helping the two little boys with their houses, so he didn't have any time left.  He grabbed the last two halves of graham crackers and made a tent, sleeping bag and camp fire.  Love it!


 Here's my simple house.  By the time I finished getting everything ready for making the houses and then having 3 kids demanding that I help them put their houses together at the exact same time, I was pretty frazzled.  I went to the other side of the table and let my husband help them decorate, and fix Porter's house that kept falling apart.

 Last year I discovered that I really just liked the icing on the graham crackers so I pretty much only did icing to decorate. . . and a few m&ms and candy corns.  I wanted to make a Santa Claus coming out of the chimney, but couldn't figure out how.

Porter's house (age 3).  His dad fixed the problem of the falling roof by making the roof flat.  When I came over to see the house he'd made, it was pretty much only decorated on top, so I showed him how to decorate around the bottom and make a pathway.

Gideon (age 5) called this his camp site. I don't know if you can tell very well, but that splotch of purple skittles is in the shape of a "G."













Karina, at nearly 8 years old, is trying to incorporate those things that she sees in her older sibling's houses.  A fine mixture between chaos and order . . . and lots of candy.



 With Fiona (age 10) you see some fabulous creativity.  A Christmas tree built out of m&ms and red hots, the candy cane stick made from flavored tootsie rolls and the fabulous Santa in his sleigh made with tootsie rolls and a carmel apple flavored candy corn.


















Sterling (age 13) spent so much time getting the worms put through roof and wall of the house that by the time he was done with that, "all the good candy was gone."  I'm not sure what he was hoping for, maybe the candy bars Fiona put on her roof.  I like the angle of the roof.











Donovan (age 15) went for a Frank Lloyd Write house.  It's funny because when all were asked if they wanted to build gingerbread houses, he said he didn't, but when everyone else was doing it, he sat down and began to built very randomly.  As he got into it, he took more and more care in it.










Monica (age 18) does some amazing things. She built a tiny house and built the roof with stacked m&ms.  Her front sidewalk is a tootsie roll flattened with the brick drawn lined with gummy worms.  She has an abominable snowman, wood stack, fence, turkey, stream, fence, and carefully carved Santa Claus.
















Last year, my sister, Emerald built a train station.  This year she built a church.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment