Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tennis Bag and Skirt for Trenna

I didn't get any posts up last week.  It was spring break for the kids, I substitute taught a sewing class for a friend who is expecting and needing to take it easy for a bit, and of course, there was lots to do for Trenna.  Here's the first thing I made - a tennis bag made from Michael Miller's new houndstooth fabrics with Butterick Patterns B5934.

If you want to make this, please note that there's an error in the pattern says that you need to cut two each of the fabric, and two interfacing pieces of the pattern which makes up the front and back of the bag.  This is not true.  You need one fabric, one iron on interfacing and one heavy sew-in interfacing.  I followed the pattern and now I have an extra half bag prepared.  I'll have to get myself some lining and strap fabric and make myself a houndstooth bag.


It is lined in a medium size houndstooth in a coordinating navy.


 Meredith, a friend of mine that just began sewing with us to help Trenna out, made the coordinating tennis skirt.  This is from a Burda young fashion, pattern #8175.




1 comment:

  1. Tennis bags - Court Couture Tennis is a house of stylish designer tennis bags for women. Check out Court Couture Cassanova Floral.

    ReplyDelete