Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Lisa P's Turning Twenty quilt for the refugees

 I sent out a plea to my friends on Facebook and some of my quilting Facebook groups to help make quilt tops for the surge of refugees arriving in the next few months. I would, of course quilt and bind them for free. I had an overwhelming response. Within the first week I had several offers, plus a dozen or so back to me by the week's end with more promised. I bought a nice big roll of batting and got started on the ones that sent backs with them. For the others I would piece the rest of the backs. However, another friend saw some new sheets at an estate sale and purchased them for backs, so I will have fewer backs to come up with myself. There are so many good people in this world!


The first to offer to help was Lisa P.  I had offered to give the fabric if anyone wanted it, and she took me up on the offer.  I gave her the Turning Twenty pattern and the 20 fat quarters of fabric and she brought me back the top.


I used a free pantograph pattern from Urban Elementz called Plumeria. The thread I used was light yellow So Fine for the top and Bottom Line for the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment