Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Turning Twenty Quilts #2 and #3 for Refugees in Country Colors


A neighbor of mine asked me if I wanted to contribute supplies for the incoming refugees with their church. What else would a quilter want to do, but to help them with their "blankets" need. I made 3 quilts. One of which I posted here. I then posted on Facebook asking if anyone else wanted to make tops which I would quilt for the refugees. Within a week, I had received 18 tops with a promise of around 8 more. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Aren't quilters the best!? Over the next several weeks you will get to see all those quilts.
 

Here's quilt #2. This is quilted using the pantograph Petal Flambé from Urban Elementz and using light pink thread from So Fine on the top and Bottom line on the bottom.



The back was pieced using fabric that was given to me and I pieced together to make it work. I like the effect.


Quilt #3 below has some brighter colors, but still many with the muted country feel.


This pantograph is called Cardamom Wave by Urban Elementz using the same light pink threads as in the quilt above.



The back is again pieced using donated fabric and leftovers from the top with a scrappy binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment