Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Monday, April 25, 2022

Black and Gray with Colorful Back


This one has a bit of a story, though not too thrilling, as far as stories go. Two plus years ago, when I made the quilt for my sister, Wanda (link here), I thought to use the leftovers from the front on a pieced back. I made the back and wasn’t thrilled with it, but didn’t want the fabric to go to waste and I didn't have a better idea, so that front and back waited together. (Here is the original back. Add more of the dark gray to the left hand side of this picture, and that was the queen sized back I had made.)


Shortly before quilting Wanda’s, I found a plainer back that I liked much better. I used part of the original back to make the binding, and was delighted with the result, but still had a good chunk left of that original back (photo above). In fact, it was more a twin size now. I could finish it and give it to charity, but I didn’t even want to give it away since I didn’t like it enough to put my name on it.


Here was the solution. I made a nice plain black and gray back to be the real front and quilted it with variegated rainbow thread on the black side...


and a dark navy (I didn’t have a dark gray the right weight) on the colored side.


I quilted it with my Forever Filigree pantograph I will keep it and keep the black side up.

No comments:

Post a Comment