Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Friday, June 3, 2022

Dana's Sunbonnet Sue


I spent a week working on this antique quilt for Dana. I leave the story of it to her words below. Using a cream colored thread (Glide and Glide 60), I outlined the blocks and girls and filled the background with an all over meander. A few lines in the sashing kept it simple and let the girls shine. Warm and Natural batting was essential for leaving the girls unquilted.


There were a few minor repairs, like this arm that had become unstitched which I hand stitched closed.


Dana: "My Grandmother was an Home Ec and English teacher in the 40s and 50s. In 1939 she had each student do a quilt square of “Sun Bonnet Sue.” She pieced them together and made several squares to round out a double size quilt.


"I inherited the quilt top when she passed away almost 30 years ago. With the help of Suzie B., I found Virginia Smith of Show Me Sewing. I am over the moon to finally have this completed.


"I love the Heather Bailey fabric I chose for the back and the hot pink binding that Virginia recommended. She was so helpful in helping me choose the quilting patterns that would work the best. She is amazing!
I had the best nap EVER under this blanket this afternoon. I’m so thankful to have this completed in such a perfect way!!"


Dana, It was my pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment