Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Laura Gunn's "Grandma's Afghan"

It's DONE!!!!  Two months and a day later and probably some 70 hours of work with the cutting piecing, hand quilting and binding.  Whew!  Now I get to get it shipped, probably harder for me than making the quilt.  Luckily my husband is happy to run to the post office for me.
Bird's Eye View

Close up of the back so you can see the stitching

Close up on an area of the front

Close up of one square with view of the corner/binding
The label on the back.  When I was almost done sewing it on, I realized that I left off that I made this for Laura Gunn with 2 of her fabric lines.  I could have kicked myself.  My most abject apologies, Laura.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This is amazing. I am so excited about this. I cannot thank you enough.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! And thanks for responding so as to prove that I'm not just name dropping - that I really do know someone famous like you. ;-) That's the only claim to fame I'll ever get, but I'm pretty much OK with that now. Though, truth be told, there's still a miniscule, lingering aspiration from my youth to be rich and famous. ;-)

    ReplyDelete