Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Monday, May 13, 2013

Table Cloth, Skirt, Cathedral Window and Pouf

I ran across a couple more photos that I can post.  The table cloth is one I just finished for probably one of the friendliest ladies I've met.  It is of course not on the size of table she is going to put it on - I just put a cake platter on a bar stool to take a picture of it.  Someday I'll need to post my trick for lining up fabric pieces so that the pattern matches up - I always end up having to re-figure it out every time.
 

 The next is a skirt I made as a demo for Fabric Nosherie more than a year ago.  The pattern is called Fina Skirt by Girlfriends Patterns.
  
 
A year or more ago someone asked me a question about Cathedral Quilts.  I began doing some research into it and wanted to make a sample of it.  However, I didn't want to used up too much fabric on a little sample, and to tell you the truth, I don't like hand sewing, so I decided to make it in miniature.  DUMB MOVE!  True it used less fabric, each tiny diamond is made out of 1" fabric scraps, and the number of hand stitches are much fewer, but it's in such a tiny area that it was ridiculously hard.  Next time I make a cathedral quilt, I will make it with much larger squares.  Live and learn.

This is the Honey Bun Pouf, pattern by Amy Butler.  I did not make this pouf, but I taught the class multiple times and can make it without a problem.  Shannon told me I should take a picture of it.

So, now we are soon going to be in the realms of digging deep into photos from my other camera and me figuring out how to post them.  *SIGH*  I wish I were more techie.

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented...I love your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You made my night, my day, and several days to come.

      Delete