Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Thursday, June 20, 2013

Service Auction

At the end of April, the youth in our church had an auction to earn money for Girl's Camp, Scout Camp and Cub Scout Day Camp. It began with a free dinner and then moved into a dessert auction, with a few miscellaneous items in there.  The desserts seem to be fancy, try-to-out-do-yourself type thing; last year I made an Angry Bird's cake, this year Emerald made a campfire cake (that looked like there was a burning fire on top with marshmallows roasting on it), there has been homemade ice cream and many other yummy concoctions.  Last year they added work auctions, where the young men would come over and work for 4 hours (or 1 hour depending on the auction). This year they added a silent auction with other services from members of the congregation.

I made two bags to be auctioned during the regular auction as well as an offer to make someone a quilt on the silent auction (they provide the materials). I've been working on the quilt since school got out (the material didn't arrive until then), which unfortunately is slow work with so many people under foot and needing attention.  Luckily there's not a rush on it.  Anyway, here they are.


 This is the "Baker Street Bag".  Pattern by Poppy Patterns (designed by my friend Patti Pinkston).  One thing about Poppy Patterns is that as far as patterns go, they are easy to understand.  The fabric. . . well, it's just a Disney Princesses fabric to entice a young girl.



This is the "Run Around Bag".  Pattern by Lazy Girl Designs. Fabric designed by my friend, Trenna Travis for Michael Miller Fabrics.  So cute!  I almost wish I hadn't given it up.  But it was for a good cause - sending my oldest 3 kids to camp this week.


This is the quilt I'm making.  It's obviously not done yet - I need to put the back on and quilt it, but the top's finally done. It's a queen size.  My lighting's not very good. The colors are a slate grey and a bright white.  The back will be white as well, the binding in grey.  I'll see if I can get it on the quilting frame soon.  I'll hand quilt it - stitch in the ditch, as requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment