Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Thursday, June 13, 2013

Swim Towel Bag

I wanted to post this right after the swim skirt, but it took about a week before getting around to making it, and then I've been trying to get the older boys ready for scout camp which is coming right up.  I have been making other things in the meantime, and have ideas coming to mind for making tutorials, but as I have said, the tutorials are going to have to wait until kids are back in school. Right now the time I have for sewing has decreased dramatically, though I am trying to take pictures now for those tutorials.

Anyway, my sister, Emerald has made each of my kids a towel bag for going to the pool. That way they can carry their own towel, none of this, "Mom, would you carry this?" with me trying to carry 8 towels and swimming supplies as we walk to the pool a couple blocks away. Porter is now old enough to have a towel bag and she just finished making it.  She made up this pattern after looking at a similar one a boy, for whom she was a nanny, had.

 See, the backpack part is attached to the back of the towel, the straps are inside the bag while the towel is unfolded. Very handy for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment