Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Thursday, January 30, 2014

Quick Quilt for the Nursery



OK, I'm not showing you this quilt to account for some amazing technique or talent.  Maybe it's only to account for my time. :-)  We have quite a number of young children in the nursery at church.  So many that we have divided them into several different nurseries.  One of the nurseries needed a quilt to sit on for snack time / lesson time.  I looked through the fabric that had been given my by a friend when she was cleaning out her mom's house (after taking her to a home that could watch her better with the dementia she was suffering).  Lo and behold there was some printed fabric to look like a quilt that had a matching back.  What I used for the top had been cut - there was a big square with a hole cut in the center (maybe a tree skirt) and a cut from the middle of one side up to the hole.  There was a rectangular piece left over of the printed fabric.  There was also a plain green bagged with the fabrics that was close, but not an exact match of the green on the printed fabric.  Looked like a perfect way to quickly throw a quilt together.

I used left over batting and pieced it together. Then tried out a couple machine quilting stitches the plain green areas.   The rest of the quilt just got a "stitch-in-the-ditch" type quilting, nothing too complicated.  Finished it all in 2 days (piecing the batting took a lot of time).  But presto, a quilt that cost me nothing (but a little time).  And the children can eat snacks and contain the mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment