Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Doll Split Rail Quilt and Cradle


 The center of this quilt was made totally out of the scraps cut off from making something else.  What could I make with 6 scrap strips that were barely over 1-1/2" wide?  Why, a little doll blanket.  I simply cut them all to the same width, sewed 3 of them together side by side and the other 3 together.  Cut them into squares and arranged them into a split rail.  Then I slapped a boarder on it with coordinating fabric, sandwiched it with batting (left over from something else) and a back and tacked it down with the machine at all the corners. 


Et voila, a lovely and loved doll blanket. It was given to my daughter, Fiona for Christmas and fit very nicely with the cradle/step stool her brother Donovan made her for Christmas.  These were made and given to her for Christmas 2006, I believe.  Eight-year-old Donovan made the stool/cradle (OK, I helped by copying the pattern from one my dad had designed and made probably 25 years before, cutting it out and helping him put it together, but he painted it and painted her name on it).


No comments:

Post a Comment