Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Little Girl's Dress in Petite Fleur de Lis in Red and White - Trenna

Charming little girl's dress made from the new Michael Miller line of fabric "Petite Paris."  This print is called "Petite Fleur de Lis."  This dress was made by my mother, the professional seamstress who taught me to sew.


 For all you French speakers out there, please don't call me on the obvious error of using the feminine form of "Petite" with masculine "Paris" or "Fleur de Lis."  I did not name the fabric and it pains me to write it incorrectly.  It should be "Petit Paris" and Petit Fleur de Lis."  (There, I feel better).



When these 4 dresses needed to be made, I was camping with my kids.  My sister, Emerald, who has a job during the day, stayed up late at night sewing the 3 dresses to meet the deadline.  My mother, although busy, helped by making this dress.  Because I was out of town, I didn't think to take pictures of the patterns as I usually do.  The picture of the girl in the brown and orange dress is the photo on the pattern, (Butterick 5912) if you are looking for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment