Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Saturday, January 30, 2021

Donovan's Eagle Quilt

This quilt was 8 years in the making with more in the planning. Many long years ago, my mother made a twin sized Eagle Quilt for my brother when he became an Eagle Scout. The way I remember it was that it had a large Eagle Badge in the center with possibly a border around it with all the patches he earned around it - all appliquéd and larger versions of the tiny patches they put on their sash. I knew when my older boys went into scouts that I would do something like it for them.



When the fabric store that I was working at closed, and the inventory was liquidated, there was a lot of the dark olive green, sash color, and for half price, what could I do with it? I began to rework my plan, did the math and bought lots of the green background color - enough for both quilts. When the older of the two made Life Scout, I knew it was time to really crack down. 



I finished the top shortly after he became an eagle but then put it away to quilt it once I had the Longarm machine I was saving for. Well, I have had my machine for a year and since he was getting married at the begining of this month, and we were driving out there anyway, I thought it would a great thing to quilt this over Christmas break and deliver this finished quilt.  I ordered thread mid-December, but then due to Covid and an surge in mail (as is wont at that time of year), it didn't come, and it didn't come, and it didn't come. 

Finally I looked into my I'll-get-around-to-it-later emails and found that one of the colors was on backorder. So, I found another company that had that color, switched things around so they could ship immediately and ordered from the other company, too. I believe both packages of thread arrived the day we drove out.  Ahh, well. But it's now done and I need to quilt the second eagle quilt this year (or that's my plan).

When I posted these pictures on Facebook, many people requested information on how I made this, so I will put a little tutorial together and post that soon. If you would like to see the tutorial, go here. If you would like to see his brother's quilt, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment