Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Friday, April 23, 2021

Collette's Quilt

A neighbor's mother asked me to quilt this for her granddaughter who was turning 3. She had no preference on how it was quilted, but with the rainbow colors on the front and the rainbow design on the back, she wanted something rainbow-y. (I did not trim the edges off because she asked me not to. She would finish it all up.)

My original plan was just to freehand this design, but, being a perfectionist, having those clamshell arches not be consistent in size would bug me, so I used a ruler to make the arch, then freehanded the swirl inside. 


Adding a little design element to it, I fell in love with doing a variegated rainbow thread on the top. It both stands out and blends in.


The overall effect was perfect. I was very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment