Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Full/Queen Fleece/Flannel Quilt for Donovan

My son, Donovan asked for a larger Fleece/Flannel blanket for Christmas. The lap size one he had would not be big enough for two, as he was getting married a few weeks later. As I've mentioned before, my kids (at least while they are still living at home) make their Christmas presents for each other. So he was giving me an idea for what the person who gave to him could do. Very helpful, except, the person who gave to him this past Christmas was no longer one that lived at home and was not in a position to sew something (being on a mission trip). 


 So, I figured I could whip something out for him with leftovers from other projects. The front was fabrics from his older sister's fleece blanket (the wolf pattern) and from two younger sisters' fleece/flannel cloaks, plus some others I had bought and had not yet used.


The back was pieced from leftovers of making fleece "movie" blankets - the kind you might buy as a throw at the store, but with the person's name embroidered on it. I've made so many of those for birthday gifts.


The quilting I did on it, though maybe not necessary for it to be so densely quilted, was a pantograph I designed based on some fabric I saw in a place similar to the place he was married. I hoped the association would remind him of the sanctity of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment