Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Monday, January 16, 2023

Emerald's Scrappy Octagonal Medallions Quilt for Refugees


Last year, my sister, Emerald, pulled together some scrap fabric from my donated fabric to make two quilts for the refugees. After making those two, she had plenty more fabric and made more to try and use up the scraps. She made a total of 5 different styled quilts from that scrap fabric. Here is the fifth and final quilt she made from those scraps.


I had some fun quilting this and in the process was reminded that crosshatching looks fabulous but is not easy to mark when on the quilting frame. It really needs to be marked completely before putting it on to quilt. After completing half the crosshatching the hard way, I took the quilt off, spent a few hours marking it, put it back on the frame and quilted it. The second half went so much easier.
 

Here's a close up on the quilting which I did with Glide cream thread. To put it in perspective, the crosshatching felt much more difficult than the intricate swirls, but I love the contrasts of curves and straight lines and big and small. All in all I really like how this turned out.


The back is also from the donated fabric bins. It is from Michael Miller several years ago, and don't remember the name of the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment