Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Gideon's Insulated Pot Holder Table Runner for Monica's Christmas Gift


Insulated Table Runner/Pot Holder made by 14 year old Gideon for his sister Monica who wanted a table runner like mine. We simplified the design to squares instead of hexagons and the quilting was something that a newbie/one who is not thrilled to sew could do quickly and easily.


My kids, at least while they're living at home, have to make the Christmas present for the sibling they give to. This was Gideon's gift to Monica. After finally piecing the top, I made the back and told him he had to quilt it. When he said he wanted me to quilt it, I said that if I quilted it, he would have to bind it.


After describing the binding process, he said he would quilt it, which he did in less than an hour. I bound it and it was ready to send home with when she came for Thanksgiving. When we went to visit her after Christmas, we were delighted to see it on her table.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment