Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pillows for Trenna - Cotton Couture


The exciting thing for me about these pillows is my son (who has learned to sew because I made him, but other than that has shown no interest beyond), asked to help me make them in hopes of me paying him.  Now, when a seamstress's son asks to sew and is willing to learn new things, how in the world can she turn him down?  So, my 15 year old son helped make these, including learning how to sew a blind seam or ladder stitch to sew up the small rectangular pillows.


 The exception was, for the oddly pieced fronts of 2 above and the 3 below, I needed to do them - at least the piecing part.  It looks like I was purely random, but each one, Trenna had made a little 1" thumbnail idea of what she wanted it to look like and in what colors, so I was trying to make them look exactly like what she specified.






No comments:

Post a Comment