Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pillows for Trenna - Whisper 2




In December, Trenna called me up and ask me to make five pillows and a duvet cover from a selection of the Michael Miller Whisper collection in Violet.  As you can see, there are two Euro size pillow shams in the Mara pattern, two 20" pillow shams in the Maybelle pattern and one rectangular pillow with a 1" ruffle in the Melanie pattern.

For the duvet, I had to do a little piecing.  As is typical, they didn't send enough fabric.  There was enough to do the front in the Miriam patterned fabric, but not enough for the back, nor was there enough in any other fabrics to do the back, so I did a little of everything.

That little strip near the bottom of the photo on the left which shows the front, was the flap that folded over to the back, so it wouldn't show on the front or in the photos.

 On the back, I was able to primarily use the Maxine fabric down the center of the back, with the sides being a mixture of the Maxine and Miriam.  It all worked out in the end.  Below you see the back draped over the ironing board.




No comments:

Post a Comment