Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Friday, November 13, 2020

Green/Pink/Purple/Gold Flower Bouquets Quilt



More fabric from my sister-in-law's "Ugly Fabric" bin. I really like the way it turned out with the striped purple fabric. The purple fabric had stripes in varying shades going from a pastel to very dark in large stripes. Not exactly an ombre, but I tried to give it that look in the purple sashing. Considering what I had to work with (using only the stuff she gave me with next to nothing left over), I think it turned out pretty well.


For the quilting, I did an all over pantograph design called "Bora Bora" from Urban Elementz. The batting is Warm and White.


The backing I set aside for it, was not quite as big as it needed to be. Hmmm, what can you do? Well, I found a lavender fabric and added some strips. Very little fabric left over (which makes life interesting when 9 months after finishing, I needed to enlarge the quilt. I'll try to post that one next week.)

2 comments:

  1. This quilt is hiding Ugly Fabric? I don't see any. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my sister-in-law's "Ugly Fabric" bin was simply the stuff she was sick of looking at. I, too, saw it as something worthy of making into a quilt. One man's trash is another man's treasure. ;-)

      Delete