Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Mustard/Green/Pink, Flying Geese Pinwheel


Many long years ago, I was visiting my sister-in-law, Denise, and she took me to her fabric stash and told me I could have some. She had some really nice fabric, but I didn't want to take her good stuff, things that she would use. Then my eye caught sight of a bin labeled "Ugly Fabric."  "Ugly Fabric?" I asked. Well, not necessarily "ugly," just fabric she was sick of looking at. Always interested in a challenge of that sort, I pulled coordinating fabric from her "ugly" bin to make 2 quilts. Here is the first.



Quilting, I tried my hand at an all over swirl except in the mustard triangle which have an accent triangle in them, meeting at the center point.  I also tried a hook feather in the border. Still need a lot more practice in both the swirls and the borders, but I learned a lot, and that's the point.


No comments:

Post a Comment