Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Saturday, February 20, 2021

Meandering Thoughts "Water Lily Park" Quilt for Tamia


I'm a planner - I like to plan well in advance so I know what I'm doing. We have a rotation for who we give to at Christmas in our family (brothers, sisters, parents).  It make it easier to plan and we don't have to get together for a drawing. Back in the fall of 2017, I knew I would be giving to my sister Tamia for Christmas in 2 years and was deciding what I would do when I saw a quilt kit that screamed Tamia's name. I remember as a kid seeing DaVinci's Starry Night on her bedroom wall and I know she likes Monet. To top it off, her house is decorated with many pictures of nature scenes. I've never bought a quilt kit before, always enjoying the journey of designing something unique, but this was a must! 


I made the top in January 2019 and knew how I was going to quilt it - just waiting for my longarm. Then, the Christmas rotation was revised in October 2019 and I would no longer be giving to Tamia. I was frustrated to say the least, but I guess the good thing was that the fact that her present would be late (I was getting my longarm in January 2020) would no longer be a problem.  I debated what to do, but to wait until the next time I had her name would would be another 10 or more years. I ended up giving it to her in the summer. 


The kit is entitled "Water Lily Park" by Daphne Greig with Patchwork Studios featuring Northcott’s Artisan Spirit Water Garden fabric. I did use leftover fabric to increase the size. Then I custom quilted it following the picture in the center. In the outer part, I put swirly in the sky, circles (her favorite shape) in the greenery, and watery swirls in the blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment