Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Sunday, February 7, 2021

Zach's Quilt

I'm forever grateful to my SIL Jenny for commissioning, not just one, but 3 quilts to get me on my way. This was commissioned for my nephew, a young man who would not appreciate anything remotely "girly." As Jenny and I talked about what he might like, a quilt I saw on the cover of the 2016 Quiltcon Magazine popped into my head. It is a pattern by Yvonne Fuchs and though I had to make some alterations in the pattern to make it the size I needed and to use the fabric I had on hand (this was during the first part of the Covid pandemic and it had become difficult to find specific fabrics). 



Straight line quilting with MonoPoly thread allows for the texture to show without the thread.


No comments:

Post a Comment