Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Friday, June 18, 2021

Scrap Rainbow, Hexagons, Quilted, Insulated, Reversible Table Runner

This has been a long time in the making. I began on our band trip to France in March 2018 as some hand sewing I could do on the plane. Then it was something I took to do in doctor and dentist waiting rooms. Finally, I determined to finish it this year.


The hexagon are hand-sewn together (I try to avoid hand sewing when possible, but sometimes, it's good to remind myself why I don't like it - haha). I used So-Fine and Bottom Line threads in gray and custom quilted using Natalia Bohner's mini 4-n-1 ruler in a continuous-line, grid-quilting way. I was surprised at how difficult it was to quilt through the double layer of Insul-Bright. Next time I’ll try a different combo.


It’s reversible with a double layer of Insul-Bright. Why? Because it is also the hot-pads when I put a hot pan/casserole on the table. And I don’t have to constantly be sliding a hot pad or trivet under things as they are passed around the table - just keep it on the runner and we’ll all be happy.

 I may need to explain the tablecloth. It’s what we put out when we have guests over. We have them sign and date with fabric markers. It’s fun to look back and see who came over back when. We’ve been doing this for 11 years. I got the idea from my mother who had a signature tablecloth.


When I laid it out to take pictures, Fiona asked if the back was all one piece. No. It’s pieced twice. She searched for the seams and when she found them said, “Dang, Mom!” in a suitably-impressed voice. What a nice compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment