Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Twister Baby Quilt in Pink and Blue Florals


This quilt top I made close to 11 years ago after watching a YouTube video about the Twister Quilt Ruler. I didn't have the ruler, so I figured out how to put lines on my ruler with painters tape to the same effect. I think I also followed another tutorial about putting on borders without measuring which was easier, but left me with very wavy borders which I had to then fix with quilting. (Thus the extra detail in the borders which help straighten that out.) Sometimes shortcuts are not shorter in the end.
 

I quilted with a light blue So Fine on the top and Bottom Line thread on the back. In the center area, I used a grid quilting method where I could bring out the twist of the design but not have to stop and break thread. It looks cool on the front and the back. In fact, I think it looks like two different designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment