Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Monday, September 19, 2022

Lisa's Moonglow Quilt (Jinny Beyer)


This quilt is so gorgeous! I was beyond thrilled that Lisa asked me to quilt it. It simply screamed to have custom quilting on it. I searched out many different ways that this quilt had been done and incorporated some of my favorites.


I used a MicroQuilter Navy thread on top and bottom to cut down on thread build up and make the thread less visible, especially on the lighter fabrics and all the feathers.


Because each star block was hand stitched, there was extra fulness in them, some more so than others. Each star block is stitched in the ditch around the entire star with some of the other seams also being stitched in the ditch, depending on how much  was needed to help the block be flat. I then used a small loop in the black to complete the look and control any extra fulness in the background.


Most of the stars were unique. The feathers look as if they are moving in a circle around each star. There is a straight line sewn diagonally through the black squares.


In the borders, there are several swags, with ribbon candy through the center and piano keys on the outside. 


More pictures to look at. . .




Here's a little video that looks back to be able to see the quilting design better.


And below, the whole quilt. Absolutely beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment