Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Friday, September 2, 2022

Make a Super Simple Paper Saber/Pirate Sword out of Newspaper - Tutorial


I needed some simple pirate swords for a bunch of kids. There was one sword like this, but it was well used, so I wanted some new ones. I searched for a tutorial, but couldn't find one, so I figured it out myself and thought I'd share.


First you need 3-4 half sheets of newspaper. These two full sheet count as 4.
 

Using a pencil as a guide, roll in the direction of the arrow, approximately halfway between the bottom corner and the fold in the middle.


Continue to roll. When you get to the point where the metal by the eraser is about to be rolled inside the tube...


slide the pencil eraser end out farther, keeping that end exposed.


Continue rolling.


When you get to the end, hold the corner of the newspaper in your fingers and slide the pencil out.


Place a piece of tape (I'm using a decorative duct tape) about 3" long on the end. You're still holding the loose corner in your other hand.


Roll the taped end up to the loose corner you've been holding. The tape is going to hold that down in the end.


Wrap one end (the shorter end if there is one) of the tape around to the back, then the other.


VoilĂ . The Sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment