Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Thursday, October 17, 2013

Melissa's Christmas Lap Quilt


Here is a fabulous lap quilt for those cold winter nights. The pattern is called "Turning 20" because it can be made with 20 fat quarters - at least that's how many you'd need for a big quilt.  This is a lap quilt and is the equivalent of 12 fat quarters, or really 6 half yards. Melissa, for whom the quilt was made, let me experiment with some fun, new machine quilting.  I also tried a method of quilting half the quilt to half the back, and the other half to the other half of the back and then sewing them together.  One of my sisters swears by the method and Melissa let me try it out on this.   All in all, I think it turned out pretty well, and hopefully she can't see the errors that are obvious to me. ;-)


 I hope you can see it in the photos. Each fabric has it's own style of quilting in it. The mittens have mittens.  The hot chocolate has a simple stippled pattern. The red stars have holly leaves.  The light blue stars have stars. The red and white snowflakes have poinsettias. And the cookies have a variety of ornaments.


                                       Below is the label on the back of the quilt.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Love it! Love it! This will make our holidays merry and bright. Thank you, Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Melissa! Thanks for taking our family photos. ;-)

      Delete