Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Wednesday, October 23, 2013

New Lunch Boxes for the Boys

I wanted to wait and post these when I had the girls' new lunch boxes done as well, so you could see all of them together, but I haven't gotten the girl's done yet.  Karina's none too happy about that.  I made these when I was in "solitary confinement" at the beginning of September.  I could see that the girls needed new lunch boxes, and had a new idea for a pattern that I wanted to try out. As soon as the two younger boys heard about me making new lunchboxes for the middle girls, Gideon piped up and said that he didn't even have one lunch box!  Would I make him one as well?  Porter than said he wanted one, too.  Well, the boys didn't have lunch boxes because they didn't NEED lunch boxes yet, being in half day kindergarten and preschool, but I told them I would make them each one. After all, when you're on a roll making something, it's easier to make the same thing back to back than wait several years in between. Of course now, I don't know if I can find my written instructions that I made - I may have to re-figure everything out all over again. Ugh!

I made the boys lunchboxes first, figuring if I made a mistake, the boys would care less about mistakes than the girls would.  The problem with that was that I made the boys first, and the girls, who need them more, are still waiting.  Karina told me that all the kids at school are still waiting to see the new one that she had promised she would have last month. I told her I haven't had time to make it yet.  Donovan, my say-it-like-it-is teenage boy said, "You always have time for Trenna when she calls."  I looked at him and said, "Well, yeah.  She's paying me.  If someone was paying you to do something, wouldn't you find the time to do it?"  Mumbled "yes" in reply. ;-)  Yes, paying customers come first, so the girls still wait while I show you the boys' new lunch boxes.  I must add that the fabrics used to make these were left overs from their baby quilts, so they are extra special in that regard as well.

I did Gideon's lunch box first and decided it was a little taller than I wanted, so I revised the pattern and then made Porter's, which was a better size, in my opinion.  There's a pocket inside and since taking the pictures, I added some elastic inside to hold a water bottle in place.




No comments:

Post a Comment