Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Thursday, October 10, 2013

October Quilt

Despite its imperfections, I enjoy this quilt, one of the 12 quilts I made with my sister, Tamia back in 1998 shortly after falling in love with piecing quilts.  These firsts  12 quilts - one for each month of the year, were wonderful at teaching us new techniques.  We kept them pretty simple as we learned about different blocks and how to make them.  This quilt, often called the Spools design, gave us the opportunity to learn about inset corners.






To spruce it up a bit, I took fabric paint and painted the ghosts in the center squares.  They were originally all white ghosts, but I painted some black, but left the outline, some gray, some gray with sparkles, and the ones I was leaving white, I painted with glow in the dark paint.  This still thrills the kids when the lights are turned off in the dining room (where it hangs through the month of October).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment