Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Monday, November 11, 2013

Fiona's Baby Quilt - Pinwheel Variation

Though the years as I became more and more interested in quilting, when I happened upon a quilt or quilt pattern that I liked, I would cut it out of the magazine and glue it into the back of my quilt book, or, if I saw it somewhere where I couldn't cut it out, I would draw the pattern into the back cover of my book, thus keeping them all in the same place.  This pattern I saw and cut out of a magazine or advertisement for quilt books and figured out how to make it.  You see, I'm far too cheap to buy something I can figure out myself, thus sometimes learning things through the school of hard knocks rather than someone else's experiences.  Either that, or I enjoy the challenge of figuring it all out myself.  Yeah, let's go with that.

Here is Fiona's baby blanket.  My sister, Emerald, found the fabric for the large squares - the one that all the other fabrics had to match.  It seemed perfect and I immediately found the two dark fabrics that would be perfect.  A trip to another store unearthed the light blue, but that lavender eluded me for quite some time, to the point where I thought I would have to start over again.  Finally finding all the fabrics, I discovered that the green that I would later use in Karina's quilt with less than perfect satisfaction for me, really made the other colors pop in Fiona's quilt.  To have a little fun, I used two different colors of yarn to tie her quilt.  I liked the green in the corners, except in the center of the pinwheel.  For that I used a lavender yarn with much satisfaction.  I even tied it in a new way where there's a bow tied on the top of the blanket, and a tie on the back.

Below is Fiona's large quilt, hand quilted very simply on the diagonal, which is very much my style.  Her's in a quilt I continue to look on with much satisfaction.  It's always good to get those colors just so.  You'll be looking at it a lot longer than that dress that will go out of fashion in a few years.  Of all my girls, I think that it was good that I got her quilt just right.  She's probably the most likely to follow in my footsteps of sewing/quilting or at least something that will use her artistic eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment