Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Monday, November 18, 2013

Monica's Baby Quilt - Split Rail

The One That Started It All!  When I was expecting Monica, my first, I was one of the leaders for the young women, ages 16-18 at church.  I taught the lessons on Sunday and the other leader coordinated the activities during the week.  We each were there to help out the other during whatever the activity was.  So, the other leader, Mary Sue, conspired with the girls to make me a baby quilt for my new baby over the course of several weeks.  One week we went to the cloth store and chose fabrics. The next week we rotary cut the fabric into strips and began sewing the strips together. We may have done that two weeks or Mary Sue finished it up at home. Then the last week we helped tie the quilt.  It was so much fun!  This inspired me to want to try other quilts - I'll have to find the first one I made by myself and post a picture.  I still had a lot to learn.

This poor quilt was loved so much it's falling apart.  I don't know if you can see how worn the fabric is, but my daughter has been wise to put it carefully away and not keep it on her bed any longer.

As I told you about my own baby blanket (under "Sterling's Baby Quilt"), mine was in much worse shape when it was re-covered.











Below is the quilt made for her 8th birthday. The flower fabric matched her original blanket, though in the wrong colors, but I was given so much of it, and I couldn't find the fabric in the correct colors, so we went with it and matched the new color scheme as best we could.  She got to help quilt it, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment