Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Friday, February 13, 2015

Fitted top for Trenna - Fiesta


Made with Michael Miller Fiesta fabric collection from the fabric entitled "Estella" in the color Chocolate, with the Simplicity pattern #1664 - view B.  Not only did we only have a small section of fabric to work with,  this top also gave me a different challenge. The first time I made this top, the model was the smallest size on the pattern.  So I went to several different stores to find another pattern so I wouldn't have to make alterations up to another size.  It's a challenge I could do, but don't enjoy, nor did I feel I had to time to do that since all these things are made with a deadline. I didn't even feel like I had the time to go shopping for a pattern.
Anyway, when I still couldn't find the pattern and knowing it must be out of print, I determined that I would have to try and make it based on the smallest size on the printed pattern.  I went home, pulled out the pattern pieces I had used in the past and then pulled out the rest to get an idea of how much bigger to make things.  Lo and behold, this pattern didn't have all the sizes on one pattern piece, but had something like, 4, 8 and 12 together and 6 and 10 together.  There was only one piece that I had to try to figure out how much to add to make it right.  All the others were on different pattern pieces.  Yay!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment