Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Friday, December 4, 2020

Disappearing 9-patch variation, in red/burgundy and green/forest, first one


I ran across a variation on a Disappearing 9-patch that intrigued me. After begin gifted a bunch of fabric from my friend, Rachael, I decided to make a nice twin sized quilt using this method. I would use really big blocks to make the 9-patch so I could make it more easily. I think they were about 15" squares to begin with. (The link is below. She came up with it, she gets the credit. And besides, her tutorial is easy to follow, no sense duplicating efforts.)

https://beyondsockmonkeys.wordpress.com/tutorials-2/accidental-quilt-block-tutorial/

I would use half the squares for the front and half for the back. Perfect. Unfortunately, what I didn't know is that, although there were 2 types of squares made from this method, there were actually 4 types - half of them were mirror images of the others. So I wouldn't get a twin out if it, but two lap/large baby blankets. Ugh! Not my plan, but, Oh well. It was going to be for charity anyway.


For the quilting, I used a pantograph, "Hall of Mirrors" by Urban Elementz. This quilt, though planned for charity, my mother-in-law asked to buy. The fabric on the back and in the small blocks on the front brought back sweet memories for her. I guess I used delay tactic so answering. I didn't know what to charge her. The fabric was given to me. When my husband asked if we could give it to her, how could I tell him no? Merry Christmas in July, Mom (or whatever month it was).

No comments:

Post a Comment