Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Monday, December 7, 2020

Shannon's Quilt Remake

When I was teaching sewing at Fabric Nosherie, Shannon, the owner, borrowed our hand quilting frame to allow customers the chance to put a few stitches in a quilt she had made once upon a time. As she was closing her shop, she said she was sick of looking at it and gave it to me. The quilt was an odd size - long and thin, and the quilting was not much and not well done, so I unpicked it and redid it.


The center portion in the center was the original part, consisting of the almost horizontal stripes, the squares with circles and one vertical stripe on one side and two vertical stripes on the other. My need for symmetry couldn't handle that. Digging through my stash I found some more fabric that went well with the colors and added another stripe on the one side and two stripes on the other. The fabric that was the back I cut and made the corner triangles, setting the original quilt at a jaunty angle.


I quilted on my longarm using a pantograph called "Spoke Greek Key" by Urban Elementz.



Here I was trying to show what a pantograph is. The pattern is printed on a long paper. While standing at the back of the machine, you move the machine, tracing the pattern with a laser light. As you move the machine from the back, how you move it is sewn onto the quilt from the front.


I must say that I really like the way this pattern works on this jaunty quilt. If the original quilt were straight up and down, the quilting lines would, I feel, conflict with the lines of the piecing. But because they are not vying for the same attention, they really look good together.


No comments:

Post a Comment