Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Peach and Purple Charity Quilt

 The front of this quilt was made from pre-cut 4" squares my sister bought, then gave to me. I started by making 4-squares, but decided to arrange it to make the squares appear larger by putting 4 matching squares together.


It is quilted using the Pantograph from Urban Elementz called Flirty Feathers and Curls.


Anyone who has to match colors in sewing will know that the colors available from one year to another change. As I looked through my stash, there were no colors that went with this front. The purples were all too bright and the wrong shade, the peaches too bright or too orange. I then looked in the fabric I had set aside to give away. In it was the perfect amount of this fabric - one that I made a dress from when I was sewing for Trenna Travis Design Studios for Michael Miller Fabrics. It was PERFECT!


Lastly, a quilt just isn't a quilt without the Quilt label that tells future generations a little about the quilt.



No comments:

Post a Comment