Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Brenda's Scrappy Squares on White and Black with Piano Keys


When I put the plea out for quilters to donate fabric tops for me to quilt to help the refugees arriving this winter in St. Louis, Brenda H. brought over 6 tops made by her and her friend. This was the first I quilted of hers. When it came to me, it was a square quilt top, 65"x65" and I like to have the twin size quilts closer to 70"x90" so I added the white border around the center section, then piano keys in different fabrics on top and bottom with another strip of white on the top and bottom.
 

The back (you can see the front through it with the light behind) was a solid light yellow, but because I enlarged the front, the back I had for it (a bottom sheet) would now need to be enlarged, too. I added larger strips to mimic the piano keys added to the front.


The quilting is done in white thread (So Fine and Bottom Line) using the Flirty Feathers with Leaves pantograph from Urban Elementz.


The top could be made with 5" pre-cut squares of all different fabrics. The strips and small squares could be made from 2.5" strips. To keep in line with the overall design, the piano keys I added, I cut at 2.5"x5." The strips on the back were 5"x15."

No comments:

Post a Comment