Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Desert Table Runner and Placemats & Kitty Table Runners


 In preparation for an Arts and Crafts Sale, I made a few table runners and placemats to have some less expensive options for sale. I am also listing them on my Show Me Sewing Facebook business page with prices. Here is a quilted table runner (approximately 40.5"x12"). Inside it has a double later of 100% cotton batting to be able to handle heat, making it act as a hot pad as well as decorative. 

Evidently this is a landscape of the planet Tatooine from Star Wars with its two setting suns. (Thanks to my sister, Aleta, for pointing that out to me.)  ;-)


With a close up on the custom quilting... 


Four placemats that match the table runner. Interestingly enough, making placemats is a lot more work than the table runner. Not only does the 4 placemats take more than twice as much fabric, you have to bind 4 instead of 1. It's doesn't make sense to me that the going price in the pricing market doesn't take that into consideration for placemats. Each placemat is approx. 13.5"x18.5".


Some close ups on two of the four placemats.


Next, I made some kitty cat table runners that are approximately 43"x12". These, too, have a double batting layer of 100% cotton batting, to act as a trivet/hot pad.


One I bound with pink, one with the wine. Each brings out different aspects.


Below one can see some of the detailed custom quilting around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment