Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Saturday, September 16, 2023

Another I-Spy Raffle Quilt for Emmanuel


I mentioned a couple posts ago about how I'm involved with a local preschool. For a fundraiser, I made an I-Spy quilt to raffle off (and posted pictures). I had more t-shirts and more fabric, so I figured I'd make more to raffle off each year until I ran out of t-shirts. This is a second quilt, supposedly for the next fundraiser, but I got this quilt done the night before the raffle, so the winner got to choose which quilt they wanted. This one was chosen, so the first one will be raffled off next year.


I quilted this with white Glide thread with hearts and swirls on the t-shirt part. Swirls around the darker blue borders and diamond in the light blue border.


For the squares, I quilted a free-hand swish (for lack of a better word).


As I took a photo of the quilt, I noticed there was a stain in the top border. What?! So I used a new stain remover (bad idea, but I was in a hurry - Dad always said, "Lazy people work the hardest") and it took off some of the coloring. PANIC! My sister had the idea of patching over it, and after some brainstorming and more thought, I embroidered "I-Spy..." on left over blue fabric, cut to size,


and sewed it on carefully so it wouldn't be obvious that is was a patch.


With some white thread, I stitched a little of the quilted swirl onto the patch so it, again, would look less like a mistake and more like it was intentional. (The color is off a bit in the picture. The thread is white, not yellowish.)


In the end, many commented on how they liked the "I-Spy..." on there. 
Below is the Princess Castle back.

No comments:

Post a Comment