Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Fat Quarters Twin Size Quilt for Charity - My Bingo Quilt


Last December, my quilt guild had a bingo night. Each person was to bring a fat quarter to participate and another fat quarter for each card you wanted to play. I have lots of fabric, so I went through my "to give away" fabric bin and quickly found 5 fat quarters I didn't want. I ended up with 4 cards (which was entirely too many). Four bingo games were played. The first 3 were won by people at the far table and jokes were made about it. The winners got to pick a fat quarter from the collection. The last game was a blackout round and I won. Yay! Oh wait. That means I got ALL THE REST of the fat quarters! I was trying to get rid of the fabric, not acquire more! 


As I sat down, one of the ladies at my table jokingly said I had to make a quilt with them by the next meeting. Over Christmas Break? I don't think so. However, I did make it and bring it to the February meeting. Though this didn't use up all the fat quarters, it did used most of them. I saved the black and white ones and the other few were used in another quilt made a month or two later. All of the big strips on front and back, as well as the colored border were from the winnings.


Here is the back where I used up the remainder of the strips as well as some leftover fabric from other charity quilt backs. The only fabric from my stash was the white binding and the white in the border.   


The quilting I did was my Baroque Filigree pantograph that I designed. I love what it adds to the quilt. NOTE: Each fat quarter was cut into 4 strips - 4.5" x 20.5" and then 5 strips were sewn together to make a 20.5"x20.5" block for the horizontal blocks, with a random number of strips vertically.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment