Pricing

Long Arm Quilting/ Sewing or Quilting Lessons / Custom Made Items
I am a long arm quilter with rates starting at $.018/square inch. Most edge to edge designs are $.021/square inch. My prices include set up, thread, needles, etc. I make commissioned quilts with rates at $20/hour.
I also teach Private Sewing Lessons in the St. Louis area. Cost is $50/hour.
Please e-mail me with any questions, to have your quilt top quilted, to set up sewing lessons, or regarding having something custom made, at showmesewing@gmail.com.


Monday, September 25, 2023

Dorothy Tool Quilt in Blue, Green, Red, Orange, Tan


Dorothy made this reversible quilt for one of her nephews. 
Tool on one side, construction trucks on the back.


Reversible quilts are very tricky on a longarm. You can center something side to side (or top to bottom depending on how you load it on the frame), but the for the other two ends all you can do is guess. I have measured carefully along the edges to make the front and back line up exactly and it never works. I've always been at least an inch or two off because the the way the quilting draws in the fabric. I warned her that it was the case, and she opted to have it centered side to side and not worry too much about top to bottom.


I used Light Tan Glide on the front and Mocha Glide 60 on the back. The pantograph used is "Spoke Greek Key" from Urban Elementz.

No comments:

Post a Comment